1. kick-start [ˋkɪk͵stɑrt] => V.啟動 開始 用腳踢壓發動 N.起動踏板 Joining a great company can kick start your career and contritube to a sustainable tomorrow. 加入一個優良的公司可以開啟你的職業生涯和促成有一定生活水平的未來. (contribute [kənˋtrɪbjut] => (+to)捐助 貢獻 促成) (sustainable [səˋstenəb!] => 能長期維持的 永續的 能保持在一定水平的)
2. tear [tɛr] => V.N.撕開 拉掉 扯破 撕裂處 (過去式tore [tɔr] 過去分詞torn [tɔrn]) I once saw a man tear a telephone directory in half. 我有一次看見一個人把電話簿撕成了兩半. V.N.流淚 眼淚 Wiping a tear away, she took a sip of chocolate milk. 她一邊拭去眼淚,一邊啜了一口巧克力奶. (wipe [waɪp] => V.N.擦 抺) She burst/bursted into tears. 她突然哭了起來. (burst into [bɝst] => 突然)
1. figure out [ˋfɪgjɚ][aʊt] => 計算出 想出 弄明白 解決 Have you figured out how much the holiday will cost? 你算出這假期要花多少錢了嗎? I can't figure out what he was hinting at. 我想不出他在暗示什麼 (hint [hɪnt] => V.N. 暗示)
2. common ground [ˋkɑmən][graʊnd] => 共同點 交集 共識 People like to live with the ones who have common ground. 人們喜歡與自己有著共同點的人生活相處在一起 They are trying to find common ground on the best way to work together. 他們正試著找出相互合作的共同利益.
1. shelter [ˋʃɛltɚd] => V.N.遮蔽保護躲避 (+from) The house sheltered us from the storm. 這房子遮擋著使我們免遭暴風雨淋. He is trying to shelter his boss from criticism. 他極力為老板擋住外界的批評. They sheltered from the sun under a tree. (=They took shelter from the sun under a tree.) 他們躲在樹底下乘涼. Food, clothing and shelter are all basic necessities of life. 食,衣,住所是生活的基本必需品.
2. get => 使…..一直做某事或者處於某狀態 You got me dancing. Can you get the machine running?
3. sip [sɪp] => V.N.啜飲 Should we sip water or gulp it? 我們應該小口地喝水還是大口喝水? (gulp [gʌlp] => 狼吞虎嚥) This liquor is strong. I can only take a sip. 這酒很烈,我只能喝一小口. (liquor[ˋlɪkɚ] => 酒)
4. bet [bɛt] => V.N.敢斷定打賭 I bet (you) (that) she is on the wrong side of forty. 我敢肯定她已40多歲了. He made the bet that he would win the game. 他和別人打賭說他會贏得這場遊戲比賽. I bet $30 on the red horse. =I made a 30-dollar bet on the red horse. (=I bet $30 that the red horse would win.) 我賭30美元在那匹紅馬身上.
5. strung-out [͵strʌŋˋaʊt] => 毒癮的
6. hazy [ˋhezɪ] => 模糊的有薄霧的朦朧的 He’s a bit hazy about how to do next? 他有點不清楚下一步該怎麼做? The mountains were hazy in the distance. 遠處的群山在朦朧霧靄之中.
7. odds [ɑds] => 機會成功的可能性差別The odds are against us. 我們成功的機會很小. The odds are in their favor. 他們成功的機會很大. It makes no adds whether you leave or stay. 你離開或留下來都没有差別. What’s the odds? (=What are the odds?) 有什麼關係(有什麼差別)呢? He’s often at odds with his father. 他時常和父親意見不一.
8. scatter [ˋskætɚ] => V.N.消散分散潰散散布撒 When the tree falls, monkeys scatter. 樹倒猢猻散. Don’t scatter your money around. 別到處揮霍.
9. scream [skrim] => 刺眼尖叫放聲大哭或大笑
10. torture [ˋtɔrtʃɚ] => V.N. 烤打酷刑折磨
11. escape [əˋskep] => V.N.逃跑脫逃逃避避免 She listens to some music as an escape from the pressures of work. (=She escapes from the pressures of work by listening to some music.) 她聽些音樂以逃避工作上的壓力.